Friends of the Paul Simon Public Policy Institute
– designated for use by the institute director to assist with expenses for operations, programs and special initiatives.
Youth Government Day
– supports the institute’s annual high school leadership development program for students to visit the state Capitol and hear from professionals in public policy, government and politics and related fields as a way to encourage young people to consider careers in these fields.
Paul Simon Public Policy Institute Endowment
– the institute’s main source of revenue for operational and programmatic needs.
Alexander Lane Internship Fund
- supports a scholarship to be awarded each year to at least one student each spring to work with a minority member of the Illinois General Assembly, providing the student with challenging and rewarding assignments.
Mike Lawrence Scholarship Fund
- supports a scholarship to be awarded each year to a student who is involved with the Paul Simon Public Policy Institute with a preference that the recipient is a member of the Student Ambassador Program, an African American, and highly involved in the SIUC community.
Ralph A. Dunn Fellowship
– a lecture series honoring a former Republican state legislator from southern Illinois to host a speaker involved in state government.
– a lecture series honoring Jack and Muriel Hayward’s commitment to the Carbondale community by hosting speakers on topics related to politics and religion or politics and the arts.
– a lecture series honoring Gil and Jean Kroening to bring speakers on topics such as U.S. and world agriculture, food and environmental issues.
– a lecture series honoring Bill and Molly Norwood to bring speakers to campus to address public policy and diversity.
Jeanne Hurley Simon Fellowship
– established in memory of Paul Simon’s first wife, the lecture series features a woman of distinction in the areas of politics, government and the law.
John White Fellowship
– a lecture series honoring a retired Chicago-area businessman and former head of the Better Government Association to host speakers on issues relate to state and municipal government.